Sunday, June 28, 2009

Turkey: Part 2

Before I continue about Turkey, I'll update you guys about what's been going on in my life. I got hit on by some random American dude at Simpang Bedok yesterday night.-.-"
Truly a funny encounter. Ask me if you want to know what he said.

Dad just left for Melaka this afternoon with Abang. Ngehh.

Ok,back to Turkey.

Turkey is a land rich in culture and history. Like 1400s kind of old. Turkey has the most beautiful mosques in the world, I swear. Minarets and domes,cold cold marble. They don't even need air-con. I went to the Green Mosque first. This mosque was built in the 1400s (or was it 1600s?). Stained glass windows,archways, intricate carvings and paintings, 8 storey high dome. Gorgeous. Ruins from the Ottoman Empire scattered around the city. Centuries of culture. I would love to go there again. Oh, and Turkish people LOVE cheese. They don't eat rice, they eat bread. Turkey is 10% in Europe and 90% in Asia.


No comments: